- Download FTDI virtual COM port drivers. Drivers for OSX Intel are about half way down the page. This driver is needed for the computer to talk to the serial interface of the stamp via the mini USB connection on the Board of Education development board.
- Mount the disk image and double-click the package to install. This will require a restart.
- Download MacBS2. This program allows you to program the stamp from OSX . The official editor only works on windows.
- Install MacBS2 by dragging it to your Applications folder.
- Start MacBS2 by double-clicking. It will offer to automatically install the PBasic tokeniser for you. Say yes.
- Attach your Board of Education to the USB port of the computer and power it with a battery or power pack.
- In MacBS2, choose the serial port from the drop-down on the top-right side. It will probably look something like ‘usbserial-…’.
- you should be able to click the ‘ID Stamp’ button to check that the stamp is connected and responding.
- Type in a simple program (e.g. DEBUG “Hello World”) and click the ‘Run’ button to download it to the stamp. You should see ‘Hello World’ printed in the console at the bottom of the window.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.